Enjoy this with any of your loved ones!
- 1 pack readymade puff pastry
- 6 tablespoons of your favourite jam (mine is raspberry!)
- Sugar for coating
- 6 tablespoons pureed Sundried tomatoes(rehydrate in water if using dried ones)
- 2 teaspoons Dried/fresh herbs of your choice e.g. Basil, Rosemary, Mixed herbs
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Preheat Oven to 180 C (fan oven)
- Cut the pastry into two halves (one for savoury and one for the sweet filling).
- For the Sweethearts, spread your jam evenly over the pastry. Ensure you cover all of the pastry – use more jam if you need to.
- Starting from one of the long edges, roll the pastry up tightly to the centre. Then repeat from the other side.
- Mix the sundried tomatoes,salt and herbs and repeat the above for the savoury hearts.
- At this stage you can cover and keep in the fridge to bake later.
- Cut both the savoury and sweetheart pastry into 1 oe 2cm slices. A sharp knife is best! Don’t worry if they squish about as they will take shape during baking.
- Dip the sweethearts in sugar & brush milk over the savoury hearts.
- Place on a lined baking tray, leaving a gap for the pastry to expand, and bake for 15 mins or until the pastry is golden.
Serve with some red velvet hot choc!