This is a recipe inspired by a Supper club I was invited to by Tilda® Pure Basmati and the amazing meal cooked by the awesome Mallika Basu. The Firecracker Steamed Basmati Rice pack used here is for a limited edition, so if you cannot get a hold of this then I would recommend Tilda Basmati White Rice instead. This took me 30 minutes INCLUDING the chopping, so it’s great for a quick lunch or dinner. I hope you enjoy it and you can substitute or add to the vegetables for others you may have in stock e.g. sweetcorn, lotus root, courgettes, cooked chestnuts, sliced cabbage.
What you need:
- 1 pack of Tilda® Limited Edition Firecracker Steamed Basmati Rice
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 2 inch piece of ginger, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50g mushrooms, sliced
- 50g Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onion, the white section sliced finely and the green section sliced lengthways for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- Soy sauce, to season
- OPTIONAL: dried red chilli flakes or ground Szechuan pepper
How you make it:
- Heat the oil in a pan or a wok and then add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, broccoli and peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly so all the veg are cooked through.
- Add any spice (Chinese 5 Spice, red chillies or Szechuan pepper) and then the pack of Tilda® Limited Edition Firecracker Steamed Basmati Rice and cook for four minutes.
- Drizzle with soy sauce and garnish with sliced spring onion. Best enjoyed immediately! 🙂
This stir fry served 2 and it’s great to take away for lunch too! 🙂